Attention: see modified articles 4 and 4a.
1. The “Rencontres Internationales des Jeunes Pianistes” are intended to young pianists of all nationalities. Deadline for applications to the 15th edition: 4 October, 2021.
2. The competition has four categories:
- Category 1: born after 1st April, 2009
- Category 2: born after 1st April, 2005
- Category 3: born after 1st April, 2001
- Category 4: born after 1st April, 1995.
3. The program has to be played by memory.
4. For Category 1 the program for the final may eventually contain TWO pieces played for the selection.
4a. For all other categories ONE piece played for the selection can be repeated for the program for the final.
5. No changes of listed program is allowed after 30th January, 2021.
6. Each category has maximum three awards.
7. The jury reserves the right to award ex aequo prizes.
8. The jury reserves the right not to award any prizes.
9. Prize winners are obliged to perform at the prize winners concert. This without any fee.
10. Candidates in final will receive a certificate of participation.
11. A First Prize winner is not allowed to compete again in the same category.
12. The decisions of the jury are final
13. Prizewinners are allowed to mention the competition on their CV.
14. EPTA-BELGIUM W-B reserves all the rights of the competition for radio and TV broadcasts, DVD, live-streams, Youtube and any other digital media, without compensation for the participants.
15. Travel expenses, boarding and lodging are to be supported by the candidate.
16. Application fee is not reimbursable.
17. EPTA-BELGIUM W-B reserves the rights to any change of rules for the benefit of the competition.
18. In case of disagreement the French text only is valid.
19. EPTA-BELGIUM W-B is not responsible in case of accidents during the competitions
20. The candidate must have a health insurance valid in Belgium.